Camp Pawprint - Summer Break
2014 Summer Camp Registration -- Opened January 31st, 2014
Camp Pawprint is a series of day camps held at Dane County Humane Society. Campers ages 7 to 15 enjoy animal-related lessons and activities while having fun with other animal lovers! Activities include humane education lessons, critter projects, group games, and daily presentations from local animal experts. All campers spend time interacting with our camp animals and getting hands-on experience providing daily care.
Each week of Camp Pawprint has a different age group and theme. Activities, lessons and visitors vary for each theme, but every week includes animal care and interaction, arts and crafts, and special visitors.Please note that in past years of camp there has been horseback riding on Fridays. Our stable provider has informed us they are unable to provide the service again this year. We are looking into alternatives, but cannot guarantee horseback riding for Camp Pawprint 2014.
Let us know if you are interested in carpooling and we can connect you with other families in your area!
- June 16-20 (7-10 year old)
- August 4-8 (7-10 year old)
Animals Galore! will focus on animals that are kept as pets-- everything from dogs and cats to snakes, rats, ferrets, lizards, guinea pigs, chickens, goats, horses, pot-bellied pigs and more. Meet and learn all about these animals and their care, while having daily interactions with classroom and shelter animals.
- June 9-13 (7-12 year old)
- July 14-18 (9-13 year old)
- August 18-22 (7-12 year old)
Creature Careers will focus on jobs that work directly with animals. Campers will be visited by a variety of professionals (with their animals!) including dog trainers, mounted police, K9 police, field researchers, wildlife rehabilitators, groomers, veterinary technicians and more. Campers will care for the classroom and shelter animals at the humane society and will get to view a surgery in our Animal Medical Services clinic.
So You Want to Be a Vet?
- July 7-11 (9-13 year old)
- July 21-25 (9-13 year old)
This camp is for the child who knows what s/he wants: to become a veterinarian and work with animals! Besides spending lots of time with classroom and shelter animals, campers will hear from veterinarians, including our shelter vets. They will learn about common animal diseases, observe a surgery, read X-rays, and learn how to conduct a proper examination of an animal.
So You Want to Be a Vet? (Teen Week)
- June 30-July 3 (13-15 year old)
This camp is designed for teenagers. Activities will be refocused and more challenging for the older kids. Veterinary technicians and veterinarians will help teens understand what a career in veterinary medicine entails. Activities will include viewing a surgery in our Animal Medical Services clinic, touring the University of Wisconsin Veterinary School and Clinic. Enrollment for this camp is limited to 20 campers. (*See special pricing below as this is a 4 day camp).
- June 23-27 (9-13 year old)
- July 28-August 1 (7-10 year old)
- August 11-15 (7-10 year old)
This camp focuses on the wild side of animal life. Campers will spend one day at the zoo as well as meet some of the wild baby animals fostered by DCHS volunteers. Zoozort will visit, with animals from around the world. Campers will also assist in the care of classroom animals as well as interacting with shelter animals.Early Riser & Bonus Romp
Children will participate in service projects, watch animal-related movies, play games, and create creature crafts in this aftercare day camp program. The fee covers supervision by a camp counselor, supplies, and an afternoon snack. Before and Aftercare is limited to 10 campers per week from 8:00am to 9:00am and/or 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Monday-Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Graduation every Friday at 2:30pm
- Monday-Friday 8:00am - 9:00am
- Monday-Friday 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- $199 – Current DCHS Members(Only available to current members of DCHS)
- $160 for So You Want to Be a Vet Teen Week (4 day camp)
- $234 - Become a Member(Includes the cost of one $35 DCHS annual membership, and the discounted member price of camp)
- $195 for So You Want to Be a Vet Teen Week (4 day camp)
- $264 - Non-member (If you are not currently a member and choose not to become a member)
- $211 for So You Want to Be a Vet Teen Week (4 day camp)
- $174 - Additional week (Each additional week of camp for the same camper. Price applies for both members and non-members)
- $25 - Early Riser (Price applies for both members and non-members)
- $45 - Bonus Romp (Price applies for both members and non-members)
Scholarships will be available dependent upon funding. Applications must be received by May 15th, and recipients will be notified no later than May 31st.
Scholarships are awarded to help those with financial need attend camp. Download the scholarship application here.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registration opened January 31st, 2014!
If you need a paper registration call 608-838-0413 ext. 164. To withdraw from a camp for any reason, please inform us in writing:
For cancellations made made more than 4 weeks prior to the start of your week of camp, you may transfer to any other week of camp that has an opening or elect to have your money refunded.
For cancellations made from 1 to 4 weeks before the start of your camp week, you may transfer to any other week of camp that has an opening, or receive a voucher good for the amount paid, less a $25 administrative fee. The voucher can be applied to Camp Pawprint fees through the end of the following calendar year.
Cancellations made less than one week prior to the start of your week of camp, or individual missed days during camp, are non-refundable.