Help Horses in Need
Dane County Humane Society currently has several horses in our care. The care and medical needs of these wonderful creatures stretch the shelter's limited resources and donations are needed. Please help in any way that you can.
Funds are encouraged to help offset the care and rehabilitation of these horses. To donate:
- Visit https://www.giveshelter.org/make-a-donation.html and put “help the horses” in the comments field.
- Text "DONATE HAY" to 80077 from your mobile phone to donate $10 to care for horses in need.*
- Mail checks payable to "DCHS" with "help the horses" in the memo the main shelter (5132 Voges Road, Madison).
The easiest way to donate is to purchase supplies on DCHS's Fulfill a Horse's Wish list online. Otherwise, because of our limited storage space, please call (608) 838-0413 ext. 100 to make arrangements for physical donations.
- Breakaway Halter (horse size)
- Breakaway Halter (pony size)
- Quick Clip Leather Reins
- Manna Pro Horse Treats
- Leather Training Headstall
- Leather Training Noseband
- Saddles- english or western
- Western Saddle Pad
- 10-Ring Training Martingale
- Portable Tack Rack
- Large tack trunk
Please note that we do not need grain at this time.
*$10 donation supports Dane County Humane Society programs and services in support of animals in need. Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance. All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to participate. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to 80077 to STOP. Text HELP to 80077 for HELP. Full terms: www.mgive.org/Privacy.