Dog Behavior and Training
Solutions to Common Behavior Concerns
- Kids and Dogs - Babies, Toddlers, Children
- Garbage and Countertop Raiding
- Fear of People
- Mouthing - Adult Dogs, Puppies
- Running Away - Door Darting, Escaping Yard
- Separation Anxiety
- Urinating in the house - Submissive Urination, Marking
- Walking on Leash - Loose Leash Walking, Leash Reactivity, Walking Equipment
- *****Have a behavior question that is not answered above? Click here to ask your behavior question and find solutions.
Basic Training & Enrichment
- Canine Body Language
- Training Basics
- Clicker Training
- Coming When Called
- Crate Training
- Housetraining - Adult Dogs, Puppies
- Manners Training
- Introducing New Pets - Cat, Dog
- Dog Park Tips
Selecting A Dog Trainer or Dog Behaviorist
- How to Find the Best Trainer for Your Dog
- Dog Training Certifications: What Do They Mean?
- Understanding Training Methods
- Understanding Training Equipment
- Common Dog Training Myths
Dog Health and General Care
Many of these titles are available in Dane County Humane Society's Adoption Center! Click a title to buy the book online from Amazon.com, and DCHS will receive a donation.
Dr. Patricia McConnell Basic obedience using a fun and humane method. Also gives tips on how to curb barking, jumping and other unwanted behaviors.
Brenda Scidmore & Dr. Patricia McConnell A great combination of tips on common puppy behaviors such as chewing and housetraining, and basic obedience in order to shape a happy, healthy and well-behaved pup.
Dr. Patricia McConnell Fun and humane ways to let your dog know that you love them and you're the leader
Dr. Patricia McConnell Step-by-step guide to helping a dog conquer a specific fear. This book is a must for adopters of shy and cautious dogs.
Dr. Patricia McConnell Simple steps to help prevent separation anxiety - pick up this book right away!
Dr. Richard Pitcairn and Susan Hubble Pitcairn A must for anyone interested in natural pet care. Required reading for anyone who wants to learn more about commercial pet food and how to improve your dog's health naturally.
Bobbie Mammato, DVM