Picture This! Wisconsin Car Rally
Fri. Oct 21st, 2022 to Sun. Nov 27th, 2022
You’re invited to run the Picture This! Wisconsin car rally. This 135 mile, 5 hour time-speed-distance (TSD) rally will take you through the country roads southwest of Madison. You and your rally partner will enjoy the marvelous roads that are fun to drive and the great scenery. This is a “Tour” type rally, so there are no tricks or traps. The route instructions are easy to follow and the challenge is to arrive at each checkpoint at the correct time. Some of the route instructions feature photos of landmarks along the course.
Picture This! Wisconsin
a Time-Speed-Distance car rally starting in Madison, Wisconsin a Fund Raising Rally to benefit Dane County Humane Society.
CASH prizes for the top 3 teams in the Rally Class:
- 1st place team: $250
- 2nd place team: $100
- 3rd place team: $75
* Cash prizes are based on having at least 30 cars run in the Rally Class. Prizes will be pro-rated if fewer than 30 cars run.
You can run the rally at any time on any day up until November 30, 2022
Bring that car you love to drive and enjoy a fun day driving in the Wisconsin countryside. You and a rally partner, driver and navigator, will use the provided Route Instructions to follow the scenic, rural rally route and try to arrive at each checkpoint at exactly the correct time – not too fast and not too slow. This is NOT A RACE – it is a game of observation and careful, safe driving. You’ll use a free app on your smartphone to monitor your progress and record your arrival time at each checkpoint. The app will assign penalty points for arriving too soon or too late at each checkpoint and will immediately announce that leg score to you. You can use this immediate feedback to improve your rally driving and your ability to stay on time. Thanks to this rally app (it’s called Richta GPS Competitor), you can run the rally at any time on any day, up until the deadline of November 30th.
There are two Classes: Rally and SCCA Pro. If either rally team member has earned any SCCA TSD Lifetime Points or if you are using a device that reports how late or early you are (rally computer, Simple Rally Computer type app, etc), you must run in the SCCA Pro Class. Otherwise, you may run in the Rally Class.
Here’s the process:
- Both you and your rally partner register on MotorsportReg.com (this website). Entry fee is $40. (charged to Driver's credit card)
- Then you’ll receive the General Instructions and Route Instructions for the rally. Print them out.
- Download the Richta GPS Competitor app to your smartphone (instructions will be provided in the General Instructions). Open the app and register the car number that you’ve been assigned. Then close the app.
- Pick a day, any day up to November 30th. Bring the General Instructions and the Route Instructions to the starting point of the rally in Madison, Wisconsin. (They exact location will be disclosed to you in the General Instructions)
- When you’re ready to start, re-open the Richta Competitor app.
- Start the rally at any time and follow the Route Instructions and try to arrive at each checkpoint at the proper time, given the assigned average speeds (always below the speed limit).
- The Richta app will monitor your progress, will record your arrival time at each checkpoint, and will immediately report to you how late or early you were. Your score at each checkpoint will be automatically uploaded and retained in a cloud database. You will be able to see how your scores compare to the other contestants on the Richta GPS Scoreboard app. (a separate, free app)
- The rally is approximately 135 miles long. You can expect to run the rally course in about 5 hours.
- Once the deadline of November 30th has passed, the cash prizes will be awarded. The stated prize amounts will be prorated if fewer than 30 cars have run in that Class.