Dane County Humane Society currently has several horses in our care. The care and medical needs of these wonderful creatures stretch the shelter's limited resources and donations are needed. Please help in any way that you can.
Funds are encouraged to help offset the care and rehabilitation of these horses. To donate:
- Visit https://www.giveshelter.org/make-a-donation.html and put “help the horses” in the comments field.
- Mail checks payable to "DCHS" with "help the horses" in the memo the main shelter (5132 Voges Road, Madison).
The easiest way to donate is to purchase supplies on DCHS's Fulfill a Horse's Wish list online. Otherwise, because of our limited storage space, please call (608) 838-0413 ext. 100 to make arrangements for physical donations.
- Breakaway Halter (horse size)
- Breakaway Halter (pony size)
- Quick Clip Leather Reins
- Manna Pro Horse Treats
- Leather Training Headstall
- Leather Training Noseband
- Saddles- english or western
- Western Saddle Pad
- 10-Ring Training Martingale
- Portable Tack Rack
- Large tack trunk
Please note that we do not need grain at this time.
DCHS has a very small barn that cannot accommodate large groups of horses. If you are able to provide foster care, please call foster staff at (608) 838-0413 ext. 149 or email [email protected]
We currently have horses that are ready for adoption. For more information, please contact Betsy at [email protected] or (608) 838-0413 ext. 160.