DCHS Policies & Positions
- All events hosted to raise funds for Dane County Humane Society must align with our mission and position statements. Fundraisers may only use DCHS's name in marketing materials if the event aligns with DCHS’s values and directly supports DCHS.
Name, Logo, & Promotional Materials
- Please use “Dane County Humane Society” or “DCHS” (not “The Dane County Humane Society”) on all promotional materials. Please check our DCHS Media Kit for logos, photos, and additional guidance.
- A raffle license from DCHS is required if you conduct any form of raffle during your event. A summary of raffle information can be found here (or a quick guide here) and a license can be provided upon request.
Monetary Donations Preferred
- Events that raise monetary donations have the greatest impact at DCHS. Monetary donations allow DCHS to meet the immediate needs of the animals in our care. We have many partner organizations that help us get the best 'bang for our buck' by giving us great discounts.
Donation Drives & Item Collections
- We are unable to provide full promotion assistance for in-kind only/item collection events. To see the items we are in need of most, check our Wish List.
Event Expenses & Tax Exempt Status
- DCHS cannot contribute financially to any independent fundraiser expenses. DCHS’s sales tax exemption cannot be extended to independent fundraisers.
DCHS Staff & Volunteer Representation
- Due to the high number of independent fundraisers each year and limited staff time, DCHS is unable to recruit staff or volunteers to attend, table, or coordinate independent fundraisers. We cannot assist in finding venue spaces, sponsorships, auction items, or vendors for events.
Animal Representation & Off-Site Adoptions
- Traveling and being in new environments can be stressful for many animals. To reduce their stress, we do not bring animals to events except in rare circumstances. Additionally, we have found that animals have a higher chance of getting adopted if they stay at DCHS.
Wrapping It All Up!
- Checks can be made out to Dane County Humane Society or DCHS. Checks may be sent to Dane County Humane Society, Attn: Development, 5132 Voges Road, Madison, WI 53718 or reach out to bring the check in person. To schedule a check presentation please contact, email@example.com.