Join Dane County Humane Society for their Online Pet Costume Contest! The top three winners of this online contest will win entry to Dogtoberfest, and our top fundraiser will be recognized on stage during the event!
To participate, simply create a Facebook Fundraiser to support DCHS!
- Any animal can participate in this competition – dogs, cats, ferrets, pigs, birds, and more are all welcome to compete in this online contest.
- All funds raised during the Online Pet Costume Contest goes towards the care for the over 9,000 animals a year that come through DCHS’s doors.
- Winners will be announced and notified through Facebook on Friday, September 14 by noon!
- Prizes are:
- First place – free 6-pack of registrations to Dogtoberfest, a goodie bag for the winning pet, and recognition on stage during the event!
- Second place – free 6-pack of registrations to Dogtoberfest
- Third place – two free registrations to Dogtoberfest
To enter, follow the instructions below:
- Go to DCHS’s Facebook page
- Select the “Fundraisers” tab on the sidebar under the DCHS logo
- Select the “+ Raise Money” button on the right under the “Send Message” button to get started!
- Enter your goal for how much money you would like to raise
- The three animals that raise the most money will win!
- You must raise at least $50 to appear on the Fundraisers list on DCHS’s Facebook page
- Enter your fundraiser end date as Thursday, September 13 so we will have all results in on time
- Select the “+ Match donations” button if you are interested in matching the donations raised and enter the amount you are willing to match up to
- Your match will count towards your total, and friends are more likely to contribute if you have decided to match
- Select “Next”
- Title your Fundraiser “(Your pet’s name)’s Dogtoberfest Costume Contest Fundraiser”
- Complete the “Why are you raising money?” section
- Suggested text:
- "Dane County Humane Society provides refuge, healing and new beginnings to over 9,000 companion animals, exotic species, farm animals and injured or orphaned wild animals every year. They are adoption guarantee, meaning all healthy or treatable animals can stay at DCHS as long as it takes to find a loving home. They also offer humane education programs, community-based care for pets, foster care for animals for victims of domestic abuse, a pet food pantry, dog training classes, and much more! DCHS is a private, non-profit, community supported organization and not affiliated with any government agency or national animal welfare organization. That means they rely on the support of people like me and you to provide refuge, healing and new beginnings to animals in need. Please consider donating towards (Your pet’s name)’s Dogtoberfest Costume Contest Fundraiser to support this organization and the animals in their care! ! Learn more about Dane County Humane Society at giveshelter.org!"
- Is your pet alumni of DCHS? Share their story!
- Suggested text:
- Select “Next"
- Select the “edit” button in the bottom right corner of the suggested photo and “Upload New Photo” of your pet in their fabulous costume
- Select the “Drag to reposition” in the center of the photo and drag to reposition as needed
- Select “Create”
- Invite your friends and share your pet’s fundraiser to gain support for your chance to win!
Be sure to get your fundraiser set up soon – the longer your fundraiser runs, and the more you talk it up online, the more funds you will raise for the animals in our care!