1. Adopt! Come meet the many amazing pets looking for loving homes. Maybe you're ready for a fun loving puppy or perhaps you're searching for a senior cat to snuggle. Our Adoption Counselors are ready to help find a great match for you and your family. Find your next fur baby!
2. Donate! Monetary donations gives DCHS the ability to apply your gift immediately for daily shelter, wildlife and community outreach operations; helps us meet unplanned, unmet and unanticipated needs in our community; and sparks innovative best practices to serve as a model for animal welfare organizations nationwide. Make a gift today!
3. Volunteer! From in-shelter support to at-home foster care, volunteers support every facet of work being done at DCHS. Volunteers are truly heroes to our animals and our community! Become a hero!
4. Join the Team! We are caregivers, family makers, support raisers, community ralliers, comfort providers and, above all - animal lovers. Join the DCHS family!
5. Shop! Visit Dane County Humane Society's Thrift Store located at 680 Grand Canyon Drive #5 in Madison. Proceeds support the work being done every day at DCHS! Get thrifty!
6. Come for a Visit! Learn more about DCHS and animals in our community when you sign up for a tour of the Main Shelter or have our Humane Educator present at your school, business or organization. Check us out!
7. Host an Event! Independent fundraising events held by individuals, groups and businesses in our community make a big impact for DCHS! Everything from kids holding bake sales to the Madison Firefighters Calendar are helping animals in need. Host your own event!
8. Share! Spread the word that Dane County Humane Society is a community-supported, non-profit shelter. We are an open admission shelter accepting all animals that need assistance and our adoption guarantee means all healthy or treatable animals can stay at DCHS as long as it takes to find a loving home. This work is only done thanks to community support. Sign up for our e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see and share DCHS news!