Volunteer Requirements for All Positions
- Most positions require volunteers to be at least 18 years of age. Learn more about positions available for youth ages 8 to 17.
- Most positions require a six-month commitment to volunteer for a 2-3-hour shift per week. Exceptions are in the position descriptions on the Volunteer Positions page.
- Volunteers must read, comprehend, and follow all DCHS policies and protocols.
- Volunteers must have an email account. It is our main way to communicate with you.
- Human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles. Volunteers must always communicate professionally with staff, fellow volunteers and members of the public.
- Most roles require volunteers to stand and/or walk for up to two hours; lift and carry various weights; reach and lift; possess vision abilities including close and distance vision, depth perception; and speak to customers, employees and other volunteers.